This past week we released a major update to FiLMiC Pro for iOS, we wanted to share the fabulous enhancements with you! This is a great opportunity to utilize these features to create your entry for our 2nd Annual Short Film Contest!
Apple watch app adds support for live video preview.
Support for iPad Pro (9.7”) and iPhone SE.
Vertical Video Support:
- Shoot vertical clips with the quality you expect from FiLMiC Pro.
- All horizontal aspect ratios are also supported while shooting vertically.
- Full manual controls, pull focus/exposure for your vertical clips.
- Vertical front-facing video (selfie recording).
Consolidated Time-code Medallion:
- Merges the familiar FiLMiC time-code counter and audio meter in a single new medallion.
- Resolution and frame-rate display to avoid accidental recording with incorrect settings.
- Stereo audio meter for supported lightning microphones.
- Refined audio, battery and storage meter.
Advanced image analytics options ‘behind’ the time-code counter:
- Tap once to access a dynamic full luminosity histogram
- Tap again to access a histogram with composite & RGB layers
- Tap again to access a zone exposure system for analyzing overall exposure, contrast, highlights and shadows.
- Set time-lapse frame rates to capture smooth, beautiful fast-motion footage over long time periods.
3D Touch Support
- Access presets using 3D touch on the app icon from the home screen.
Focus/Exposure reticle accuracy and responsiveness enhancements.
4:3 Aspect ratio support.
Off-speed clips (fast/slow motion) no longer require post-processing.
- Audio input selector capabilities for onboard microphones restored
- Manual shutter speed lock
- 2k/3k resolution (video-only) support for iPad Air 2
If you are a fan of FiLMiC Pro and are pleased with our commitment to continual quality improvement and feature delivery, or have been pleased by the level of support you’ve received please consider leaving a review on the Apple App Store. Unfortunately, reviews are reset with each update, so if you left a review in the past, please consider reposting a review for the update.
The FiLMiC team is proud of our product and the support we provide our customers. If you have any issue at all with the app or a question that you have not found an answer to elsewhere, please contact our Support Team.