We are proud to bring you a world-first with the release of FiLMiC Pro v6.17: ProRes support for iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max!
ProRes can be selected under Settings –> Resolution by scrolling down to the format picker. Choose one of four flavours of ProRes:
• ProRes Proxy (max approximate bitrate 170Mbps*)
• ProRes LT (max approximate bitrate 360Mbps*)
• ProRes 422 (max approximate bitrate 540Mbps*)
• ProRes 422 HQ (max approximate bitrate 735Mbps*)
All four variants are 10-bit and offer 4:2:2 chroma subsampling and all-intra encoding! When ProRes is enabled we display a nice ‘ProRes’ badge to let you know. Our time remaining counter in the upper left will let you know how much approximate record time you have left.
• Read the Apple technical white-paper on ProRes here: https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/docs/Apple_ProRes_White_Paper.pdf
• Average bitrate achieved in our testing when filming in 4K 30fps
• ProRes is not compatible with the Cinematographer Kit or Film Looks
• ProRes is limited to 30fps in 4K and 60fps in 1080p