Worldwide mobile film festival
Welcome to the 5th Annual FilmicFest Worldwide Online Mobile Film Festival, the one-of-its-kind online film festival that showcases exceptional works in various categories, including narrative, documentary, music, travel, experimental, and ultra-short films 30 seconds or less!
We launched FilmicFest four years ago as a way to inspire a whole new generation of filmmakers to create and share their vision. This year, we want to make an even bigger impact, especially now, with Hollywood in lockdown, there has never been a better opportunity to empower the voices of emerging and established indie filmmakers.
Submissions for Filmic Pro’s FilmicFest open on September 7, 2023, and close at 11:59 PM PDT on December 15, 2023. FilmicFest proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world’s #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests.
January 9, 2024: Category Finalists notified
January 16, 2024: Category Winners announced
January 30, 2024: Grand Prize winner announced
2023 Industry Judges:
Lawrence Sher, ASC (Oscar-nominated DP; JOKER, THE HANGOVER, GARDEN STATE)
Mel Eslyn (President, Duplass Brothers Productions; writer-director, BIOSPHERE)
Atom Egoyan (Oscar-nominated writer-director; THE SWEET HEREAFTER, DEVIL’S KNOT)
Justine Ezarik (aka iJustine, billion-plus YouTuber and influencer)
Ryan Connolly (founder, FilmRiot; writer-director)
Valentina Vee (director, cinematographer, editor)
Tyler Stalman (YouTube influencer; cinematographer)
Awards & Prizes
Grand Prize Winner:
$25,000 Production Grant
Short Category Finalists / Short Category Winners / Long-Form Category Winner:
Gear and software packages from top filmmaking and content creation brands
$500 cash for the most compelling behind-the-scenes photo or video from on-set
Rules & Terms
- Submit your project in one of the following categories: Fiction, Documentary, Travel, Music, Experimental, Ultra-Short (30 seconds or less), or Long-Form (longer than 10 minutes).
- The project must be 10 minutes or less (does not apply to Long-Form category entries).
- The project must be primarily shot with Filmic Pro or DoubleTake (70%), with drone or mixed camera footage allowable up to 30% of TRT.
- Music must be fully licensed.
- Model releases are required where necessary.
- International winners are responsible for any and all import tariffs or import taxes on prize shipments or cash prizes.
- Full contest terms and conditions available here: FILMICFEST 2023 – OFFICIAL CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS.
p.s. If you need music for your project, Melodie provides a simple, affordable music licensing solution that is fast and intuitive. Perfect for content creators in need of high-quality, safely licensed music. Choose from 20,000+ stock music tracks and stems to bring your content to life. Get one FREE month of Melodie Pro for your FilmicFest project by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Melodie”
We would like to give a shout out to all of our sponsors. Their support helps make this the best mobile filmmaking festival!